Updated: Oct 29, 2020
Traditional marketing no more works, which is why businesses are concentrating on inbound marketing. This type of marketing allows them to boost the website traffic, increase sales, generate leads, build customer loyalty, among other benefits. Having said this, building an actionable inbound marketing strategy is not easy, as it requires an in-depth understanding of the market and customers. This is what HubSpot CRM assures. It serves as an all-in-one inbound marketing platform that provides you actionable insights on customers and markets you serve.
1. HubSpot is offered in six languages - English, Mandarin, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, and French.
2. HubSpot is used by more than 12,000 businesses across the globe.
3. More than 3700 major companies including Accenture, Strava, SendGrid, and Trello use HubSpot in their technology stack.
4. HubSpot can be easily integrated with more than 96 business tools such as Salesforce, Gravity Form, LiveChat, Drift, and so on.
5. HubSpot Free is a tool designed for small or start-up businesses that wish to take advantage of advanced features without major investment.
Benefits of HubSpot CRM
1. It is available in free and paid versions.
2. It offers you a quick access to a variety of inbound marketing tools.
3. It is easy to use and requires no technology expertise.
4. HubSpot offers training on inbound marketing through certifications, courses, and software training.
5. It monitors the buyers’ journey through all phases and updates your sales team promptly.
6. HubSpot CRM offers umpteen personalization options and helps you create, run, and manage campaigns based on visitors language, location, device, source, and other factors.
How to Set Up a HubSpot Free Account
Visit https://www.hubspot.com/products/crm to set up an account on HubSpot.
Click on the Get Free CRM button on the top right corner of the page and the following screen appears.
Enter your details like First Name, Last Name, and Email Address. If you wish, you can also sign up with Google.
If selecting Sign up with Google, you can select from any of your existing Gmail addresses.
Select the Gmail account you want to sign up with. Next, enter your company name and company domain in the screen that appears.
Next, click on Next to complete the account set up.
Click on Go to Sign-in Page and sign up by entering your email address or Sign in with Google.
If you choose Sign in with Google then you will see this screen again.
Select the Google account that you have used to sign up with HubSpot and it will process. Next, before going onto the dashboard, you have to answer a few more questions such as
l How many people work at your company?
l What field you work in?
l Which of the following describes your role?
l Which of these sound like you?
l How many people work: If you are a small business you can click on 1, 2to 5 or 6 to 10 people.
l What field you work in: You will see options like services/customer support/marketing/sales/administration/operations/other.Here,you can choose the right option based on the department that you work for.
l Which of the following best describes your role: At this step, the options will appear based on your answers to the previous question. You can choose from the most fitting role that closely matches your work profile. For instance, if you choose marketing in the earlier option, you can see options such as marketing/content creator; marketing director/manager; designer/developer; or any other role.
l Which of these sounds most like you? You will see three options here - I have never used a CRM before; I’m new to HubSpot, but I have used a CRM before; and I know my way around HubSpot pretty well. You can choose the most appropriate option from these all.
Next, you will see a summary of the answers provided. Here, you can go back and change your answers if you feel some answers need to be re-evaluated or changed.
A big introduction to CRM awaits you on the next screen. You can Choose a demo for proceeding.
Here, HubSpot will guide you through all components of the CRM. It will be useful for people who are coming to HubSpot for the first time. If you do not want to see the demo screen you have an option to Exit demo ( on the bottom right-hand side of the page) and enter into the main dashboard.
On the dashboard, you will see a progress bar and the list of tasks to complete if you wish to use the CRM effectively. If you want you can Resume the Video or you can complete some of the important tasks as below:
1. Add the tracking code to your site: Although you may have some limitations to the tracking in the free version, still, you can ask your webmaster to add this code on all pages. This tracking code allows you to take advantage of HubSpot analytics reports, contacts intelligence, and HubSpot optimization capabilities.
2. Import your contacts: You can import your list of contacts to HubSpot. This will allow you to structure your list by removing all duplicate contents, interact with your leads, and track lead intelligence. Importing the contact list will provide your team lead insights that are required to drive your sales cycle. Tip: In this step, you connect your business email to HubSpot. For this, you can click on the settings>integrations>email integrations. The integrations appear on the left side of the settings page.
3. Create an email list: This list allows you to target the right leads through campaigns. You can filter the contacts and create segmented lists. You can organize the contacts into active and static lists and set contact properties such as first conversion, first conversion date, last activity date, and so on.
4. Send your first email campaign: You can create your email campaign in a few minutes by choosing from different types of templates such as Welcome, Newsletter, Promotion, and so on.
5. Create your first landing page: You can create eye-catching landing pages using several marketing features. Many features are not available for a free version.
6. Invite your team: This feature allows you to invite a team for collaboration. You can accomplish this by adding users and creating teams.
After all these basic adjustments, you can see and experiment with elements such as Conversations, Marketing, Sales, Service, Automation, and Reports. Across these elements, you will find many free and paid features. Conclusion
Marketing and sales are two competitive fields and their importance will never diminish. The key to a profitable sales and marketing lies in understanding who, what, when, where, why, and how of your customer dynamics. This is where HubSpot CRM can help. Owing to compressive range of features - paid and free, as well as easiness of implementation, today, HubSpot CRM has become an easy choice for small and mid-sized businesses like yours.
About the Author
Saas-Expansion is a leading sales as a service (Saas) company in Singapore. Our clients can leverage our expertise in sales, telesales, partnerships and account management, clients, and revenues to fast-track their growth in Southeast Asia. Since, inception, we have helped our clients to test waters in Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, & Singapore with minimal investment.